Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What are the negatives to buying a home theater projector?

I would deviate from James E's response slightly by saying that a devout parallel panel TV is still brighter and more vivid than maximum projectors. However what projectors drought here is more than made up for in available screen size. Also, if your projector is right calibrated as he mentioned and if your room is made completely dark then you will be astounded at the picture quality.

Although I was in minor disagreement with James E on this one territory regarding his comparison to TV's I gave his response a thumbs up for pointing out that any inferior audio system such arsenic Bose would need to be replaced. This can not metal stressed enough! The rumble is everything. If you are going to build an HT rules the sound quality is equally important with picture quality. I personally can't take up any commercially available speakers because as far as I'm concerned they are all inferior to what I can build but Bose is the worst!

Another nice advantage with a projector is the ability to build a CIH (Constant Image Height) system. No more black bars top and bottom! To do this you need video scaling and an anamorphic lens merely you'll never have black bars top and stand once more. You module however sometimes have black exerciser to the sides if your pic is not 2.4:1. This is something that merely can not be finished a TV. Straight to eliminate the exerciser top and bottom on a TUBE you any have to crop part of the picture or change the aspect ratio making everyone look tall and skinny. With a CIH projector scheme the aspect ratio remains correct. Also the black bars to the sides can metal eliminated if you want with a motorized screen aperture system.

For myself I have a 60" TV downcast stairs mostly for watching BOX etc. It as a nice surround system with it with a 15" sub. For cool TV looking or some made all for TV movies its fine. If this sounds like your application then maybe a TV is your best option. For upstairs I have a CIH projector policy with a 2.4:1 144" screen. That freedom is surrounded by attic space and has no windows. I can make it totally dark! I have a more than larger undamaged system to go with it. Thus whether this kind of dedicated space is your application then I would say definitely go with a projector.

No comments:

Post a Comment