Sunday, July 1, 2012

Inhabitat's Week in Green: self-driving cars, solar parasols and the ultimate DIY Cast-iron Man suit

Weekly our friends at Inhabitat recap the week's most interesting green developments and wipe up tech news for us -- it's the Week in Green.

Image

What seems more futuristic: flying cars OR self-driving cars? They both sound a bit like science fiction, but they are both getting closer to becoming a reality. In the latest chapter of Google's hard work to develop a car that uses video cameras, radar sensors and lasers to travel done traffic, the state of Nevada just allowed Google the world's first licence for a computer-controlled, driverless Toyota Prius. Meanwhile, this week we also curbed in on the PAL-V (which symbolizes "Personal Air and Land Vehicle"), a two-seat hybrid car and autogiro that runs on state, biodiesel or bio-ethanol. In other transportation report, the Texas Crucial Railroad floated a plan to build a $10-billion bullet prepare that would run between Houston and Fort Worth, and Toyota officially unveiled its second-generation 2012 RAV4 EV, which features a Tesla powertrain.

We also proverb green technology cropping up in unexpected places this week, like the $1-billion ghost town that will metal built next to virgin waste domain in Lea County, New Mexico to exam emerging green technologies. Construction next to the ghost town is set to set off in tardy June. Milwaukee native Politico Cera invented Glove One, a 3D-printed mitt that badminton as a cell phone. And in Tokyo, participants heaved 100,000 DIODE lights into the Sumida River element segment of the 2012 Tokyo Hotaru Festival. Although it certainly looked cool, that's a lot of LED bulbs to literally dump in the river, and it raises whatever questions astir e-waste. GE saved a more sensible use for LEDs, unveiling a new LED light rhizome to replace the 100-watt incandescent.

Maintain language Inhabitat's Week in Green: self-driving cars, solar parasols and the ultimate DIY Iron Man cause

Inhabitat's Week within Green: self-driving cars, solar parasols and the eventual DIY ironman lawsuit originally appeared on Engadget on Star, 13 Might 2012 21:47:00 EDT. Please see our footing all for utilize of feeds.

Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments


Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/13/self-driving-cars-solar-parasols-cardboard-iron-man/

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Budding Up Geek, an ongoing factor where we take a look at our youth and bowman stories of growing up to be the nerds that we are. Today we have Philip Berne, who is currently Samsung's Marketing Manager for Technical Media and a regular contributor all for Slashgear. Once I was within high school, I wanted to be a dramatist. My fallback plan was to get a degree in Psychology and become a therapist. If you were to time travel back to my high school days (which were not even 20 years ago) and tell me what I'd glucinium doing today, I'd probably say something like: "Are you crazy? That's not even a real job. And what the euphemism is a smartphone, anyway?" I was a handset and gadget reader until I recently took a job with Samsung. Now I'm still reviewing phones -- I just review them a few months before anyone else. If you love phones and mobile tech as I do, it is certainly a dream job. I know how lucky I Am. I wouldn't be here unless I had grown up geek. Merely in fact it was not luck that got me here (unless I mean luck of birth). Budding dormie performer, in my case, meant budding high spoiled. I'm afraid to admit it, but I certainly had a spoiled childhood, particularly when it came to toys and electronics. Let's go through my bona fides.Continue language Growing up Geek: Philip BerneFiled under: Misc. GadgetsGrowing up Geek: Philip Berne originally appeared on Engadget on Weekday, 27 Jul 2012 11:00:00 EDT. Gratify see our jargon for use of feeds.Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments
    Date: Weekday, 27 Jul 2012 11:00:00 EDT

    ReplyDelete