Monday, May 14, 2012

Looking all for a budget home theater projector. Will 480p do for now?

I am looking to get up a home theater projector for Christmas for the family. We've a flat screen 3 yr old 27" 4:3 CRT 480i TV right now with a really nice progressive scan dvd player. It isn't upscaling but does support 480p output via 3 RCA component and plays divx videos as fine.

I see alot of $500 480p projectors and bushed one units at many stores like tigerdirect and newegg.

It seems like a element 720p starts at at about 800 and goes a lot higher. I really want to stay with an LCD as anti to a dlp because of the throw distance.

As I Am single going to project to a 60-70" inch screen and sit almost 8 feet absent, americium I just chalky with a 480p all for present? I figure I can always upgrade to HD in about 3 years and put this i in the children room. Or sell it on ebay for a a few hundred bucks

I hate having to advance more for 720p solely having to replace that next beside a 1080p. I can't expend a 1080p right now.

1 comment:

  1. I am budgeting about 500-600 for the project and about 100 for the screen. I can afford a 2000 projector.

    A ViewSonic PJ506D SVGA (800x600) 4:3/16:9 2000 lumens business projector is going for 500 with a mail free screen and mount offer.

    An InFocus In72 WVGA (852x480) 900 lumens hole theater projector is going for about the same refurbished near no extras.

    I have read that I really should get a home theater projector rather than a business projector like the 506D, but the lumens scares me.

    I am projecting on an 80"screen with blinds and curtains closed. no lights. still some ambient light.

    Which volition be better. I am going to operation it the a really nice VIDEODISC player, Wii and Home theater PC. Nary interest within HD DVDs for atleast 3-4 years once I will prob slope this anyway.

    ReplyDelete