Monday, May 28, 2012

Can everyone show me a video of the SONY VPLVW50 Home Theater Projector?Or can they propose a link with a video?

I don't know of a fountain, but I'd recommend against trusting a video. It would be same trying to judge the fine details of an HDTV picture from an print on AN inferior TV. In addition digital cameras have a limited dynamic range and do not accurately capture images from projectors, so why would a digicam?

Sorry, but you really need to see one live in a suitable showroom or home theatre. Surely if you are considering $5000+ it is worth actually looking at the image if possible.

That said, have you read reviews and compared to other 1080p projectors? The Sony sounds good, and I favour LCOS projectors, but personally I'd also chew over the JVC DLA-HD1 / RS1 ... it's had rave reviews (see projectorcentral.com, projectorreview.com or Cine4home (connect)) and actually cost less.

I'll admit I'm leary of Sony ... previous models have had reputations for a obedient picture, but low brightness and very high cost lamps (The 'Ruby' even had to be changed professionally ($1000-$1500 ... ouch!!)).

No comments:

Post a Comment